DDLY Dynamic Delay is a delay plug-in that reacts to a track’s musical dynamics to create versatile and experimental delays.
DDLY combines analog and granular delay with a dynamic responsiveness to incoming audio, providing both conventional and unconventional effects on a variety of instruments. The plug-in is intended to be well-suited for drums, vocals, synths, guitars, and any other source with a strong range of dynamics and expressiveness. On a drum track, for example, users can add echo to only the harder attacks of the kick and snare. For vocals, musicians can exploit the full range of a vocal performance, with subtle delays on calmer verses and more intense delays during the big moments of a chorus.
- Two delays in one: DDLY analyzes audio based on an adjustable threshold to determine what to send to the top delay and what to send to the bottom delay. Adjust the Intensity to affect how strongly the signal is split between the two-great for a punchy delay on the harder, transient crack of a drum and a shuffling delay on the main beat elements.
- Customize your delay: Both delays have two modes to choose from:
- Analog produces warm lo-fi delays with smearing and nostalgic degradation.
- Grain produces melodic, symphonic, and futuristic sounds for truly new soundscapes.
- Responsive interface: The interface of DDLY Dynamic Delay reacts to the material on which it’s applied to give unique, real-time visual feedback. As the knobs come to life, the sound gets more compelling.
- Automatable: DDLY can be set up with automation in your audio host, to engage the dynamic delay on your mix when you want it to and back off when you need the raw material to shine.