LA Scoring Strings 2.0 (LASS) brings you a whole new set of tools and sonic profiles providing a new level of expressiveness, realism, real-time playability and program-ability to sampled strings. Aside from our new Stage & Color feature (providing an easy way for you to have LASS sound like famous orchestral recordings and film scores), LASS 2 has over 60 new patches ranging from Aleatoric (string effects) to NV-Vib (non vibrato to vibrato) to Real Legato Tremolo and Trill patches. Below is a partial list of some of LASS 2.0’s new features (you can also read about LASS’s new A.R.C. (Audiobro Remote Control).
The ARC (Audiobro Remote Control) is a huge part of the LASS 2 upgrade. Not only does it allow easy and simultaneous access to programming all your patches, but it is also the centerpiece to Stage & Color. There are so many things that the ARC can do, we decided to give it it’s own section on this site. Please visit the ARC Page to read more about it.
* Stage & Color – At the heart of Stage & Color is a collection of exclusive orchestral sound profiles (colors) inspired by famous movie scores and recordings. Now, at the push of a button, LASS can adopt the tonal characteristics of some of the most coveted scores and recordings.
* A new ARC (Audiobro Remote Control) master script that will allow for dramatically easier control of all sections and divisis from a single window.
* Reverb and width controls of multiple patches from within the ARC
* ART programming of multiple patches from within the ARC
* CC Table control of multiple patches from within the ARC
* Auto Arranger control of multiple patches from within the ARC
* A new Key Switching approach of multiple patches from within the ARC
* Aleatoric (string effects) patches
* Non Vibrato to Vibrato patches
* Legato Tremolo patches
* Legato Trill patches
* Micro Tuning and real-time performance of tuning
* A CC Attenuation knob that allows on to ride CC attenuation in real-time or after-the-fact for added dynamic control.
* A new User Interface that is easier to read and more pleasant to look at.
* A drastically reduced footprint of only about 16.5GB due to the inclusion of NI’s NCW (loss-less compression audio file format) files. We include the 24 bit files since it will be about 30% less taxing on your hard drive than a 24-bit wave file. We noticed no measurable CPU hit using the NCW files… and we did a lot of testing.
* Many other new features and improvements
LA Scoring Strings 1
LA Scoring Strings 2
LA Scoring Strings First Chair
LASS Legato Sordino
This release is missing the image files needed for the ARC. You can find them in the standalone LA Scoring Strings 2.0 release here:
There will be a folder named “недостающие файлы”. You need to download this entire folder. Once it’s downloaded, copy the “ARC” subfolder in to your C/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures/ directory, and copy the copy of the script (the nkp file) in to the C:/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/presents/multiscripts folder.
Then the GUI will work.
Thank you! This actually works!