Release date: October 27, 2016
Developer: Apple Inc.
Developer site: Apple – Compressor 4
Interface language: English, Chinese, French, etc.
Tablet: not required
• OS X 10.11.4 or newer
• 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K)
• OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later.
• 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K)
• 3.5GB of disk space
See the minimum system on the official website
Compressor is an application for encoding video and audio files into professional formats for distribution on discs, devices and over the Internet. Use the Compressor to customize the export options built into Final Cut Pro X.
A big plus of the program is the ability to directly export a sequence of video segments with applied effects and filters directly from Final Cut Pro to Compressor for subsequent conversion to the desired format, although it is still easier to export from Final Cut Pro to a separate file that will be processed much faster in the compressor, The reason for this is the filters. When it comes to compressing Full HD video to MPEG2 and burning to DVD, this compressor has no equal.
What’s new in version 4.3
• Redesigned dark interface puts the focus on your video, with a streamlined presentation of batches and settings
• Detailed video and audio file information is now displayed in the Inspector
• Deliver video in standard Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 color spaces, or wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro lets you perform common functions like adding and editing markers
• Timeline overview in the Touch Bar lets you view your batch at a glance and navigate with touch
• iTunes Store Package preview lets you audition alternative audio, closed captions, or subtitles to verify sync
• iTunes Store Package media pass-through lets you bypass unnecessary compression
• iTunes Store Package preview lets you seamlessly switch between audio streams during asset playback to speed up verification
• Batch warnings and failures are now reported with detailed, actionable notes
• Still image improvements include support for multiple color spaces and higher bit depths
• Support for DPX, Cineon, OpenEXR still images
• Support for OpenEXR image sequences
• Enhanced DPX support delivers more accurate interpretation of color information, pixel aspect ratio, interlacing, and timing
• Improved performance for image processing including frame rate conversions, interlacing, scaling, optical flow retiming, effects, and color space conversions
• Automatic selection of optimal bit depth allows for higher-quality transcoding, color processing, and effects
• Improved efficiency of CPU and GPU processing
• New DVD disc templates give you more menu and background options
• New options for DVD authoring let you loop playback, add motion menus, and customize menu images
• Open Compressor 4.3 [MAS].dmg
• Drag and drop Compressor into the Applications folder