Electra2 is equipped with a high quality sound engine, multi layer support and a large range of music production features, all using a friendly hands-on interface that ensures first-timers can easily create sounds and experts can take their designs as deep as they want to.
Featuring 1200 production-ready sounds designed by professional sound designers. A comfortable patch browser to give an instant overview of all available sounds, together with an on-screen keyboard to audition them from within the patch browser.
Electra2 provides many user-friendly control options to tweak factory sounds or craft new ones. Each of its 4 layers consists of a powerful multitimbral synthesizer with 14 different synthesis methods.
New Ultrasaw oscillators (PW controls detuning):
– 4 new oscs ‘Hypersaw Vir 3x-9x’ which can sound like the Hypersaw of the Virus
– New osc ‘Supersaw JP’ which has been inspired by the famous JP 8000
– New osc ‘Supersaw clean’ (same as above, but without disharmonic aliasing)
– New osc ‘Supernoise’ with a lush and creamy sound
– New osc ‘Hypersquare 9x’ with 9 detuned squarewaves
– New osc ‘Hypernoise 9x’ with a lush and creamy sound
– Vocoder Pro is a high-end vocoder with 20 bands. The design is inspired by the legendary EMS 3000.
– Vocoder SVC has been inspired by the famous SVC 350.
– The effect parameters of all 4 insert effects can be modulated with the matrix. This can be used to create very unique sounds. Please note that not all possible routings make sense.
– Additional matrix target ‘FX Mix’ controls the dry/wet level of the insert effect
– Additional matrix targets ‘FX Par1-4’ control the effect parameters
– The new sound mode ‘scientific’ turns Electra2 into a precise signal generator
– The new sound mode ‘LowCut 140Hz’ cleans up the mix by removing low frequencies from Pads, Keys and Leads
– The new sound mode ‘HighCut analog’ simulates the muffled sound of analog synths and cleans up the mix by removing high frequencies from bass sounds.
– Additional patches which use the Supersaw OSCs: Electra 2.1 now ships with 1240 sounds
– 236 additional waveforms
– The Vocoder effect has been replaced by an enhanced one
– Smart oversampling of the existing Ultrasaw osciallators
– More linear frequency response
– Replaced ‘Reverb Hall’ and ‘Reverb Room’ with better sounding algorithms
– High frequencies of ‘Delay’ and ‘PingPong’ effect
Enhanced GUI & interface:
– Mousewheel support for patch browser
– Better performance when patch browser is open
– Midi CC assignments are shown on top of the knobs
– Midi learn is more intuitive to use (right click on a knob)
– Menus are not longer closed automatically after 10 seconds
– Display of the new Ultrasaw oscs shows spread
– Switching synthesis mode does auto-set PW to a useful value
– Reduced RAM use by 30%. This allows to load 4 additional instances in 32 bit mode.
– Faster loading of patches.
– Reduced CPU use on patch loading.
– Fixed a problem with the LFO sync in song mode which could appear in some hosts
– Fixed a rarely appearing crash after loading a patch and then selecting ‘init’->’reset all’
– Fixed a problem with saving the midi learn configuration when several instances were opened and closed at the same time
– Fixed a possible GUI glitch after loading a patch
– Fixed a possible crash which could happen with some very old hosts
– Fixed a problem that could happen if tone was routed in the matrix
– Background grid of step lfo was not displayed correctly
– Fixed a bug in ‘Loudness’ where high frequencies were boosted in a slightly incorrect way
– Dialog box was opened twice if a double click was used to load a wav to osc
– Renamed ‘Loudness’ to ‘Dynamic loud’
– Renamed ‘Bass boost’ to ‘Dynamic bass’
– Renamed ‘Analog’ to ‘Bass boost’
– Renamed ‘Psychoacoust.’ to ‘Loudness’