Year/Date of Release : 09.11.23
Developer : Native Instruments.
Developer’s website : Native Instruments
Format : STANDALONE, VST3i, AAX.
Bit capacity : 64bit
Tablet : Available [bobdule]
System requirements : WIN 10+
For 20 years, KONTAKT has been the basis of countless movie soundtracks and pop hits,
as well as thousands of incredible instruments from NI and your favorite developers NKS.
Now, with a new HiDPI viewing interface, updated factory library, new creative effects and internal audio enhancements, the next evolution is almost here.
Changelog v7.7.0 :
Released 2023-11-08 .
We are pleased to announce that Kontakt 7.7.0 is now available for download via Native Access! This release brings several improvements to the full-screen browser, as well as several general improvements to navigation and overall user experience, and several bug fixes (including CPU spikes that were introduced in the 7.6.1 update). Below is a summary of the changes you can expect in version 7.7.0.
Browser Enhancements :
We’ve significantly improved the text search behavior in the full-screen browser that was introduced in Kontakt 7. It now supports partial and full string matches for library names, presets, vendors, tags, and other metadata. Text search queries will now return results much more frequently, resulting in fewer missing results.
• When searching for “electric guitar”, presets with Type = Guitar and Subtype = Electric will be found.
• A search for “acid bass” will find presets that contain the words “acid” and “bass” in their names, even if they are separated by a space (for example, “Acid Tube Bass” from Kontakt Factory Library 2).
• Searching for “sym tru” will find the “Trumpet” preset from Symphony Essentials Brass. The New Tools for You panel at the bottom of the full-screen browser also suggests alternative tools that match your search query, in addition to those in your library, giving you more creative options. Clicking on them opens a corresponding web page where you can learn more and listen to audio demos.
Improved navigation :
We’ve redesigned the Kontakt app header to improve readability and access to key features.
Kontakt now has three main entry points
• FILE : main menu including options, clearing and hardware connection
• LIBRARY : full screen browser.
• VIEW : Switches between Single View and Rack View, adjusts layout and scale, and sets the default view (e.g. mode, layout, scale) for new instances when Kontakt is running as a plugin. This article explains how to use the “Set current view as default” feature: Kontakt 7.7 – User Interface Changes .
Full list of changes :
ADDED Simplified application header for efficient access to key features.
The “File”, “Library” and “View” items have special text labels.
The Single View/Rack View switch is now in the View menu.
The options are now in the File menu.
ADDED text search in the full-screen browser, allowing you to search by full or partial names of libraries, instruments, presets, tags, etc.
ADDED Display search results for additional available libraries in the New Tools for You panel.
ADDED option to display a full screen browser for new instances in Rack mode in Options > Interface (note: the browser is always displayed in Single View).
ADDED 50% scaling option.
IMPROVED Double-clicking a preset in the Files Tab, Libraries Tab, or Quick-Load Tab now replaces the preset loaded in the currently selected slot, rather than adding it to the Rack.
IMPROVED The full-screen Browser is accessed by clicking on the Kontakt logo in the application header (the About Box is accessed through the NI logo).
FIXED Browser text input is no longer intercepted by the DAW when Kontakt is hosted as a plugin inside Logic Pro…
FIXED Intermittent CPU spikes on macOS (introduced in Kontakt 7.6.1).
Fixed a regression in KSP message logging performance with developer options enabled (introduced in Kontakt 7.5.0) causing CPU spikes in some 8dio libraries.
FIXED RAM area no longer increases after prolonged use.
FIXED The tool focus bar in the tool header now updates when using the previous/next buttons in edit mode.
FIXED Fixed the visual state of the Library button when instantiating Kontakt.
REMOVED The “Batch resave” and “Batch collect/Compress samples” options in the File menu are no longer visible when Kontakt is hosted as a plugin.
How to install
1) Run the Kontakt 7 7.7.0 Setup program on your computer.
2) Go to the ” C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center ” directory and check if the NativeAccess.xml file is there .
(If this file or folder does not exist, create the appropriate folders and place the file NativeAccess.xml from NativeAccess (11/09/2023) to the Service Center folder).
Look carefully at the picture :
Before running the patcher, it is recommended to place NativeAccess.xml
3) Disable your antivirus and extract Kontakt 7 Next Patcher + Debrider.7z, then run Kontakt 7 Next Patcher as administrator.
(If you unchecked AAX or VST3 during installation, the patcher will tell you that it cannot find the file, just click the NO button).
Click the Patch button and wait for the green text to appear DONE in the lower left corner.