Year of issue: 07 October 2021
Developer: iZotope, Inc.
Platform: Intel Macs or Apple Silicon Macs in Rosetta mode only.
Tablet: Present / (patched files, K’ed by SPTNDC)
Interface language: English
• macOS Mojave (10.14.6) – macOS Big Sur (11.6) *
• Any 64-bit Intel ® Mac
* Intel Macs or Apple Silicon Macs in Rosetta mode only.
AU, AAX, VST2, VST3.
All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
Logic Pro, Pro Tools 2021, Live 11, Cubase 10.5-11, Nuendo 11, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, FL Studio 20, Audition CC, Premiere Pro CC.
Description: iZotope has released an updated version of RX Audio Editor. As announced, the new RX9 will bring even more sound correction tools to the pros. For example, the Spectral Recovery tool will help you restore dialogues, and the Wow & Flutter function will help you correct the pitch. The Batch Processor and Loudness Control functions have also been improved. Musicians will be able to use the Guitar De-noise tool, designed specifically for tuning the sound of guitar recordings. According to iZotope, the RX9 Editor is a surgical-grade audio toolkit.
Among other things, the developers drew attention to the improved interface and the appearance of horizontal scrolling in the Spectrogram Display window: this is intended to speed up the workflow and simplify the work with mixes.
IZotope Senior Product Manager Mike Rozett noted that the RX9 and embedded tools “were built to help people solve unsolvable problems.
What’s New :
Changelog (read for yourself by clicking Help-> Launch Help in App menu, opens offline file)
The iZotope RX 9 is not for sale to the public right now. However, anyone who buys an RX 8 Standard or Advanced can upgrade to an RX 9 for free.
Welcome to RX 9! This version features new processing that makes generating complex ambiences, removing tricky hum and interference, and separating dialogue from background noise easier and faster than ever. We’ve delivered new modes to Ambience Match, Dialogue Isolate, and De-hum. And the History list is now expandable with the ability to restore a selection to previous processing steps.
New in RX 9 :
– Ambience Match: (ADV) Automatically create ambient fill from complex background sounds such as traffic, crowds or water.
– Dialogue Isolate: (ADV) We’ve added a new neural net that better isolates dialogue from background noise while preserving underlying ambience.
– De-hum: (ADV & STD) Remove hum, buzz and interference at any frequency with a new Dynamic mode that finds and targets objectionable sounds.
– Spectral Editor ARA Plug-in (only in Logic): (ADV & STD) Surgically remove and repair unwanted noises in your dialogue and instrumental tracks inside Logic via Audio Random Access.
– Expandable History List: (ADV & STD) The History list is now larger and shows more of your processing steps.
– Restore Selection: (ADV & STD) Roll back a selection to its previous or original unprocessed state via the History list.
1 • Install iZotope_RX_9_Audio_Editor_Advanced_v9_0_0.
2 • Replace with patched files in the following location:
APP / iZotope RX 9 Audio Editor.app -> / Applications
AU / *. Component -> / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / Components
VST / *. Vst -> / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST
VST3 / *. Vst3 -> / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST3
3 • (Optional) Double click or drag and drop “patch.command” file
to your Terminal App.
NOTE: For Logic Pro users, please restart your system before rescan plug-ins.
4 • In order to get AAX working on ProTools, copy .bundle files to:
Macintosh HD ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Avid ▸ Audio