After many years of development, Spectrasonics is proud to release the brand new flagship virtual instrument Omnisphere. This epic ‘Power Synth’ breaks completely new sonic ground by combining a wide variety of hybrid realtime synthesis techniques, an epic library of remarkable ‘Psychoacoustic’ sounds, and many innovative features that have never been seen before in any hardware or software synthesizer. The new instrument is the first to be based on Spectrasonics newly developed STEAM Engine.
Although this new synth is extremely powerful, Omnisphere is designed with a unique user interface containing progressive layers of ‘zooming’ to accommodate the complete range of users – from musicians who just want to be inspired by the sounds and customize them in an easy way, to expert synthesists and the most advanced sound designers. Users can go deeper and deeper into the software and progress in their synthesis knowledge by simply exploring additional levels of sound manipulation options. To make sure that all users get the most out of the new capabilities, Omnisphere includes an extensive set of video tutorials and synthesis lessons taught by the renown Spectrasonics sound design team.
The culmination of many years of development, Omnisphere is an instrument of extraordinary power and versatility. Omnisphere brings many different types of synthesis together into one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration.
Omnisphere is cross-platform compatible with Apple Macintosh OS X 10.4 and higher as a native Universal Binary and also with Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 Audio Units, VST, and RTAS plug-in formats are supported for compatibility with all major host software.
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- Advanced users can “zoom” into deeper and deeper synthesis capabilities
- Sophisticated Browser with searching, sound attributes, descriptions and images
- 8 independent Arpeggiators
- World’s first Arpeggiator with Groove Lock™ – which allows the Arpeggiators to match the feel of Stylus RMX and MIDI Files.
- Special performance-oriented Live Mode interface allows for seamless, interactive creative patch switching and layering on the fly
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch layering, splits, and crossfades (velocity/positional/controller)
- 8-part multitimbral with built-in Mixer, Aux FX and Mastering FX racks
- Advanced MIDI Learn and Automation parameter handling
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide
- Hours of free Tutorial Videos available online to registered users
- Oscillators can be sample-based or synth-based
- Up to 10 oscillators per patch with new Harmonia™ feature
- Flex-Mod™ modulation system allows powerful modular-style routing
- Dual Layer architecture
- High-definition streaming engine
- Variable DSP Oscillator Waveshapes
- Sophisticated Unison Detuning
- Variable Analog Feel
- Modulatable Hard Sync
- Granular Synthesis
- Innovative Chaos Envelopes
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting
- Polyphonic Timbre Crushing
- Polyphonic Waveshaper
- Polyphonic Ring Modulation
- Polyphonic Glide
- FM Oscillators
- Dual Filter architecture per Layer
- Create filter combinations in series or parallel
- Arrange and blend more than 17 Filter algorithms
- Fully modulatable FX racks
- Alternate tuning scales supported
- 6 full-featured LFOs per patch
- 8 Advanced Multi-breakpoint looping Envelopes per patch
- Unique Dual Envelope interface – Simple ADSR-style or Advanced Graphic-style
- Sampled soundsources can be processed with synthesis features!
- Vast Core Library – over 40GB with thousands of sounds
- Cutting-edge sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team
- Innovative “Psychoacoustic” soundsources for organic synthesis!
- Unique multisampled “Composite Morphing™ soundsources
- Integrates the award-winning, original Atmosphere® core library
- Integrates best of Spectrasonics highly-acclaimed sample libraries
- Massive variety of inspiring sounds for all types of music production
- Searchable by sound attributes (Timbre, Genre, Mood, Tonality, Source, etc)
- Expandable sound architecture
- Integrated, full-featured FX Racks
- Up to 12 simultaneous FX per patch
- Layer FX modulatable from any mod source
- Hundreds of FX presets included
- Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing