Release Year/Date : 10.07.2023
Version : 7.5.2
Developer : Native Instruments
Developer Website : native-instruments.com
Format : STANDALONE, VST3i, VSTi, AAX*
Bit depth : 64bit
Tabletka : cured
System requirements : OC – Windows 8+, RAM – 4GB, processor – SSE4, video card – OpenGL 2.1+, Direct 3D 11.1+
Description: Update of the popular sampler. Contact allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data – samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, etc. – but this is only a small part of the full range of its capabilities. In Vkontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, build complex performance schemes with various modulation links. Everything is possible – from the ultra-accurate recreation of real instruments to the creation of original, unique instruments.
• New Factory Library : has been redesigned to include seven new collections of instruments, fresh sounds, effects, additional features and a HiDPI interface.
• New Browser : Provides access to all your instruments and snapshots, allows you to filter sounds by tags, text search, user presets and favorites, helping you quickly and intuitively find the right presets for your musical needs.
• Two new effects : PsycheDelay and Ring Modulator.
Psyche Delay is a stereo delay effect that creates a range of atmospheric background echoes and reverse effects reminiscent of the 1960s “tape flip” sound.
Ring Modulator is an effect based on the ring modulation technique, also called balanced modulation. This particular type of amplitude modulation destroys the harmonic structure of the sound and gives it a metallic character. Tremolo effects can be achieved by using an LFO signal.
• HiDPI : Pin 7 supports high resolution monitors.
• Improved engine : updated time stretching algorithm.
• Updated sidebar [classic browser] : the Database tab has been removed, its functionality has been replaced by a new browser. The Expert tab has been renamed to a tabmonitor . When editing a complex instrument with different groups and zones, it’s easy to get lost in the editing tools. The Monitor tab counters this by providing a useful overview of various aspects of the tool currently being edited. Similar to the Instrument Navigator panel, it displays a constantly updated and searchable list of all groups and zones in your instrument. It allows you to quickly include and exclude groups for editing, and provides a context-sensitive option view that shows the values of the last touched option across all groups.
1. Activation of protected libraries is not required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Possibility of resaving with samples patches of protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features portable (PORTABLE) version :
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the program’s portable folder (the Windows registry and other system stores are not used, administrator rights are not required * ).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows you to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* Requires (super)administrator rights if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and not recommended.
Kontakt PORTABLE is not compatible with the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard):
1. Instruments of NKS-compatible libraries added to Kontakt PORTABLE will not appear on the screen of an NKS hardware device (Komplete Kontrol or Maschine). Accordingly, they cannot be selected, previewed and downloaded directly from the device’s browser, but only through the interface of the Contact itself.
2. The controls of an NKS-compatible library instrument loaded into the Kontakt PORTABLE are not automatically bound to the controllers of the NKS device, only manually in the standard way for external MIDI devices (MIDI Learn).
How to install Kontakt 7 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE WRITTEN.
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v752.exe
3. Press the Browse… button and select the created empty folder
4. Press the Extract button
How to update Kontakt 7.xx PORTABLE to Kontakt 7.5.2 PORTABLE:
1. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v752.exe
2. Press the Browse… button and select the folder where the Kontakt 7.xx PORTABLE files are located
3. Press the Extract button
4. When the Confirm file replace window appears , confirm the replacement of files (Press Yes to All )
5. Open the Library Manager before the first launch of the Kontakt
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE VST3 to a host (DAW) :
Method 1 :
Open your host settings and add the Kontakt7Portable\Kontakt 7\x64\VST3\ folder as an additional plugin scan folder. Please refer to your DAW manual for details.
This method is suitable for hosts that do not limit themselves to scanning VST3 plugins only in the standard location (Cockos Reaper, Magix Samplitude,…)
Method 2 :
On the component selection page, select: created a link to the VST3 plugin Kontakt PORTABLE in the standard VST3 plugin scan folder).
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE to ProTools :
Run Kontakt7Portable\Install.exe and select “Add AAX to ProTools” (on the component selection page).
You can try to choose the appropriate rendering mode using Helper\GUI Tweaker.exe
Libraries are not added to Contact’s NKS browser
Library Manager -> Settings -> Libraries -> Export to NKS Browser
Could not update file error
Insufficient rights to write to the Kontakt Portable folder (for example, if it is in Program files)
Move the Kontakt Portable folder to another writable location
The settings file Settings.cfg is saved in UTF-16 encoding (Kontakt Portable v6.5.3) and the library settings contain invalid characters (Hebrew, Devanagari, hieroglyphs, accents, etc. in paths, names of libraries, companies, etc. .)
Open UserData\Settings.cfg in a text editor and save it in UTF-8 encoding.
VST3: swallowed and stuck notes in Reaper
Insert NoteChoke into effect chain before Contact or update Reaper to the latest version
Cubase/Nuendo does not see installed Kontakt, only Portable
Change the identifier (PluginId) in the plugin settings:
VST3: KontaktPortable\Kontakt 7\x64\VST3\Settings.ini,
after renaming the plugin or creating a copy of the plugin with a different name.
The renaming is necessary so that the DAW rescans the plug-in after a restart, and does not use the old plug-in information obtained from the previous scan. Instead of renaming, you can use the appropriate utilities to change the modification date of the plugin file (Kontakt 7 Portable.vst3).
In this example, the factory identifier Ni$D is replaced by Nio5 – the identifier of the modified plug-ins from the Kontakt Portable v5.8 kit
Library tools open with a red DEMO caption
If the library is not added automatically after selecting a folder due to a missing/corrupted/under-downloaded registration file (nicnt-file), then manual (forced) adding will not solve the problem.
Protected libraries are only registered when automatically added.
Error This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed