Year/Date of Issue: 4.04.2022
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer site: native-instruments.com
Format: STANDALONE, VSTi, VSTi3, AAX*
Bit depth: 64bit
System requirements: OC Windows 7 and above, 4GB RAM minimum, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Update of the popular sampler. Kontakt allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data – samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, etc. – but this is only a small part of the full range of its capabilities. In Vkontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, build complex performance schemes with various modulation links. Everything is possible – from the ultra-accurate recreation of real instruments to the creation of original instruments that are unlike anything else.
The main innovation of the sixth version of Contact is a wave table engine that allows new hybrid instruments that combine synthesis with sampling to create unique sound textures.
1. Activation of protected libraries is not required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Possibility of resaving with samples patches of protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the portable (PORTABLE) version:
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the program’s portable folder (the Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required*).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows you to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* Requires (super)administrator rights if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and not recommended.
Kontakt PORTABLE is not compatible with NKS (Native Kontrol Standard):
1. Instruments of NKS compatible libraries added to Kontakt PORTABLE will not appear on the screen of the NKS hardware device (Komplete Kontrol or Maschine). Accordingly, they cannot be selected, previewed and downloaded directly from the device browser, but only through the interface of the Contact itself.
2. The controls of an NKS-compatible library instrument loaded into the Kontakt PORTABLE are not automatically assigned to the controllers of the NKS device, only manually in the standard way for external MIDI devices (MIDI Learn).
How to install Kontakt 6 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE WRITTEN.
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v671.exe
3. Press the Browse… button and select the created empty folder
4. Press the Extract button