Release Date: November 29, 2016
Developer: Apple Inc.
Developer site: Apple – iMovie
Interface language: Multilingual (Russian is present)
Tablet: Not required (not tied to a specific Apple ID)
• OS X 10.11.2 or later
iMovie with a great new interface helps you highlight the best moments of your video and tell your story in a new way. Browse your video library, share sweet moments, and create stunning HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And with iCloud, you can watch videos in iMovie Theater on all your devices.
With a user-friendly interface and support for intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you enjoy working with video and tell your story in a new way. Browse your video library, share your favorite moments, and create stunning, editable movies in up to 4K resolution. You can even start editing your movie on your iPhone or iPad and finish it on your Mac. And when you’re done, you can showcase it in iMovie Theater on all your devices.
Watch and share videos
• View your entire collection of videos and photos organized in one place.
• Export the entire clip or part of it.
• With the ability to import in the background, you can immediately start viewing and exporting video.
Create Hollywood style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and music from the most popular composers.
• Change movie studio logos, actor names and credits.
• Choose the best photos and videos for your trailer using animated workspaces.
Create stunning HD and 4K movies
• Edit on compatible Mac computers (1) from movies up to 4K resolution taken with an iPhone 6s, GoPro camera, or other ultra-high definition camera.
• Supports 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more realistic images.
• Import movies and trailers created in iMovie to your iPhone or iPad and finish editing them on your Mac.
вЂў Make the movie even more interesting by adjusting the titles, transitions, adding 3D images of the globe and maps.
• Speed up or slow down the action with fast and slow motion effects.
• Use exquisite picture-in-picture, side by side, green studio effects.
• Create soundtracks with built-in melodies and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs created in GarageBand, and even your own voice-overs.
Fine tune each clip
• Enhance picture and sound quality with one click using the Enhance feature.
• Brighten up your video with easy-to-use color controls.
• Stabilize video shake for a more comfortable viewing experience.
• Add automatic face scaling and panning using the Ken Burns effect.
• Choose from 48 cool video and audio effects.
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with stunning posters when you post clips, movies, and trailers.
• Access iMovie Theater on any of your devices with iCloud.
• Connect your Apple TV and watch iMovie Theater on your HDTV.
Share with friends and family
• Send videos via Mail Drop while signed in to iCloud.
• Publish videos in up to 4K resolution directly to YouTube.
• Post videos directly to Facebook and Vimeo.
• Export files using “H.264 (Custom)”, “ProRes”, and “Audio Only” settings.
• Export any video frame as an image.
iOS Developers: Create App Store Views
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recordings created with QuickTime Player.
• Highlight program functionality with 11 animated title themes to showcase how the program is used.
• Export finished videos using the View Program export option.
(1) 4K video export requires a Mac (2011 model or later) with a minimum of 4 GB of RAM. 4K video playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) with a 4K capable monitor.
What’s new in version 10.1.4
• Fixed a stability issue that could occur after upgrading from a previous version if the user had shared movies and trailers.
Updates introduced in version 10.1.3
• Touch Bar support on MacBook Pro lets you quickly add video clips to movies or use them to create picture-in-picture, green studio, and split-screen effects.
• Ability to play movies, split clips, and quickly change clip volume with a touch of the Touch Bar.
• Ability to delete a files rendering to free up disk space.
• Open iMovie 10.1.4 [MAS].dmg
• Drag iMovie into the Applications folder (Programs)